- Since its establishment in 1971, Edinburgh Instruments Ltd (EI) has become recognised as a leading light in the photonics and electro-optics industries. It is now located in purpose built 30,000 sq. ft. facilities just outside Edinburgh, where it employs 75 people.
- The company is involved in the development, manufacture and sale of a wide range of high technology products for the scientific research and industrial markets.
- Product ranges include lasers, analytical spectrometers and gas detection and monitoring products.
- Formed in 1971 as a spin-off from Heriot-Watt University: it was the first private company on Britain’s first “Research Park”.
- EI founder is Professor S. D. Smith OBE FRS FRSE.
- Strategic review of the existing product range
- Competitor analysis
- Review of routes to market
- Marcomms support
“SM:V were able to understand our core product offerings and bring together the information we needed to add to our business plan. SM:V saved both time and money that would otherwise have distracted our internal resource. We would recommend using SM:V if you want a good job done well.”
Alan Faichney, CEO